[Solved] Database unable to open

Discuss the spreadsheet application
wharroff

Post by wharroff »

Starting 2.3.20, I can no longer open an ODT database file in Open Office 4.1.17 in either Sierra or High Sierra. Instead, the Filter Selection screen opens and any related option I choose does not open the file.

Please help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: RusselB: Post and relevant replies moved from Base to Calc based on the posters specification that it is a spreadsheet file, despite the incongruity of the file extensions, / Hagar: Green tag added
Open Office 4.1.7 on MacOS High Sierra
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

wharroff wrote:Starting 2.3.20, I can no longer open an ODT database file in Open Office 4.1.17 in either Sierra or High Sierra. Instead, the Filter Selection screen opens and any related option I choose does not open the file.

Please help.
If it is really a database file, the file type should be ODB . . . NOT . . . ODT . . . as you stated above.

Perhaps, you can either:
  1. Post your file as an attachment here to the forum
  2. Provide a link where a forum user might be able to look at it and see if they can repair the file
Sliderule
wharroff

Re: [Solved] Database unable to open

Post by wharroff »

Thank you for the response.

I'm sorry I stated the question incorrectly. This file was generated the last time by Open Office two days ago as an .ods. This is a SPREADSHEET file; not a database. Unfortunately, it is our most important password list so I can't post it.
wharroff

NOT SOLVED! Unable to open important spreadsheet - ods

Post by wharroff »

No, I still don't have any answers.

I'm sorry I stated the question incorrectly. This important file was generated the last time by Open Office two days ago as an .ods. This is a SPREADSHEET file; not a database. Unfortunately, it is our most important password list so I can't post it.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The Forum is staffed by volunteers in their own time on a pro bono basis. You may get an answer when someone with the appropriate knowledge comes on-line. Volunteers are scattered world-wide, so it can take some time before a suitably skilled volunteer sees your post.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

wharroff wrote: I'm sorry I stated the question incorrectly. This important file was generated the last time by Open Office two days ago as an .ods. This is a SPREADSHEET file; not a database. Unfortunately, it is our most important password list so I can't post it.
And, just as an FYI ( For Your Information ), you posted in the Base forum, not in the Calc forum, as well as changing the Title of this thread.

Please, have a nice day.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sliderule wrote:And, just as an FYI ( For Your Information ), you posted in the Base forum, not in the Calc forum, as well as changing the Title of this thread.
Actually, it was me who moved the topic from the Beginner forum to the Base forum. Did that after skimming the posts.
I usually don't leave any trace of such move because it has usually no impact. But it had in this very case.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10