[Solved] Cannot delete duplicate line of spreadsheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
SharonAnne

[Solved] Cannot delete duplicate line of spreadsheet

Post by SharonAnne »

In Open Office Calc, pressed an unknown key by accident which resulted in first line of data on spreadsheet,i.e. "Line 1", being duplicated with a bold underline. There is no underline in the original line of data. This duplicate line with its bold underline now appears as "Line 1" of the spreadsheet, and the original "Line 1" continues also to appear as "Line 1" but now actually in the next line down the page. How can I delete this unwanted line of data? I have used Open Office Calc for 10 plus years but do not consider myself a sophisticated user.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OPERATING SYSTEM = WINDOWS 10
OPEN OFFICE VERSION = 4.1.7
robleyd

Re: CANNOT DELETE DUPLICATE LINE OF SPREADSHEET DATA

Post by robleyd »

If you want to delete a complete row in Calc, simply right click on the row number at the left of the sheet and select Delete Rows.

At the time, you could have used Ctrl-Z or the Undo icon (see the red arrow in the image) to undo whatever keystroke you accidentally pressed.
Attachments
oo_delete_row.png
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: CANNOT DELETE DUPLICATE LINE OF SPREADSHEET DATA

Post by Villeroy »

menu:Window>Split = Off
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice