Catalina Voice Control won't open in OpenOffice

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Steven1111

Catalina Voice Control won't open in OpenOffice

Post by Steven1111 »

I've been using the new Voice Control dictation feature (an Accessibility option, Not Dictation under Keyboard) on my MACBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.1 in Open Office. At first it worked perfectly. Then it stopped opening most of the time. I contacted Apple and they said others on 3rd party apps. have complained of the same problem. They said it was an OO issue, because VC still works fine in Apple apps.(Safari, Pages, etc). So I updated OO to the new 4.1.7, but VC still won't open. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks.
Open Office version 4.1.7
MAC OS Catalina Version 10.15.1
RusselB

Re: Catalina Voice Control won't open in Open Office

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
There have been many topics regarding Catalina, but your specific topic doesn't ring any bells as being asked before.
A search of the forum for the term Catalina brought back search.php?keywords=Catalina
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Steven1111

Re: Catalina Voice Control won't open in OpenOffice

Post by Steven1111 »

Thanks for the kind Welcome, and the link. I checked it out and couldn't find anything relevant. I'll just give it some time...
jovitit

Post by jovitit »

Steven1111 wrote:Thanks for the kind Welcome, and the link. I checked it out and couldn't find anything relevant. I'll just give it some time...
Hi buddy, can you kindly update me on this if things worked out.

Regards,
Jimi Smith
Apache OpenOffice 420m2(Build:9821) - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
Steven1111

Post by Steven1111 »

Hey Jimi - Sorry, but I've gotten no help at all anywhere for this issue. Sometimes when VC works I leave it on all the time for days. Then it stops of course. Very unreliable but great when it works - much more accurate than the Dictation option in keyboard. I posted this as an issue on the Bugzilla page but it's never even been confirmed. Maybe I did it wrong...? I've just been ignoring it and typing myself...
best, Steve