[Solved] Formatting

Discuss the spreadsheet application
italyscotland83

[Solved] Formatting

Post by italyscotland83 »

Hi there, please can somebody help me? I need to sort this problem:

When (only if) any cell on D goes to zero (when i type zero there), I want any cell on E and F to show 0 and be coloured in red, is that possible?

Thanks
Attachments
ORDINE.ods
(12.99 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: Formatting

Post by FJCC »

Coloring cells red if there is a zero in column D can be done with Conditional Formatting. Let's assume cell D7 = 0. Do you want only E7 and F7 to turn red or do you want all of the E and F cells in rows 4, 7, 10, 13, 16 to turn red? What color should the cells have if D7 is not zero?

Making the cell values zero is more difficult. The easiest way would be to make a new column next to E where you could enter the value you want to appear in E. This would be a new column F and you current column F would become G. Then in column E you could use a formula like

Code: Select all

=IF(D7 = 0; 0; F7)
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
italyscotland83

Re: Formatting

Post by italyscotland83 »

Now i understood it, thank you so much, you are genius guys here! I could never do these simple (sort of) things by myself! :D
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista