Migrating from Win to Mac

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
asr10

Migrating from Win to Mac

Post by asr10 »

Hello,

I switched from Windows to Mac. Almost all of my macros of my database do work, but opening a directory/folder doesnt work.

I really tried a lot, but the idea of

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=99039&p=476128&hil ... er#p476128
rem---open Folder with content.xml:
oSyShell.execute(workdirfull, "", 0)

delivers an error (its a directory)

and the former way on windows by
oFeld2.TargetURL = url

too (cant open an absolute link).

Since I am a beginner on mac, I kindly ask for help. I am looking for a macro to open a folder in the finder.

Thank you very much and have mercy for my bad english :)
OpenOffice on MacOS 10.14.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Migrating from Win to Mac

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a sample document with the embedded macros here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
asr10

Re: Migrating from Win to Mac

Post by asr10 »

Thank you for the reply.

I guess, it is not an issue with the macro. Infact it is only building the path to the folder, which is to get opened.

I have a button, which is showing the exact path, when you move the mouse over. The properties of the push button are (General) Action....Open document/web page and (Events) Execute action....<macro>

But I get the Warning: "file:///Volumes/space/serverdocs/2019/71-19/" is not an absolute URL that can be passed to an external application to open it. <ok>

I have not changed anything, the database is opening the specific folder on Win7, Win10 and Linux, but on MacOS I get this warning.
OpenOffice on MacOS 10.14.6