[Solved] MacOS 10.15: "OpenOffice.app" cannot be opened

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jayblackvancouver

[Solved] MacOS 10.15: "OpenOffice.app" cannot be opened

Post by jayblackvancouver »

:alarm: Download of Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US works, but fails to install.

Install attempt on macOS Catalina, version 10.15, results in proper location to Applications folder, but click on icon to open the app results in a message box:

"OpenOffice.app" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.
Firefox downloaded this file today at 7:22 AM.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.25.37 AM.png
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US
RusselB

Re: MacOS 10.15: "OpenOffice.app" cannot be opened because .

Post by RusselB »

This is a known problem with Mac/Apple systems.
Read the Mac FAQ Q05/A05
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jayblackvancouver

Post by jayblackvancouver »

Thank you for the link. I have been using Writer on my Mac for several years, with multiple macOS versions, but this is the first time I have encountered this problem. I installed OS Catalina last week.
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Please note that Catalina, to my understanding, was released after the latest release of OpenOffice, thus there may be compatibility issues.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jane477

Post by jane477 »

Thank you for the link. I have been using Writer on my Mac for several years, with multiple macOS versions, but this is the first time I have encountered this problem. I installed OS Catalina last week.
I usually wait month or two after the system update released to install it. It’s a pretty common thing that if you install it right away half of the apps will just stop working or even crash on you
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 & LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 - Windows 10 Professional website