Enlarge font size in OpenOffice help panels

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
rbc

Enlarge font size in OpenOffice help panels

Post by rbc »

My first resource when I need help is to use the OpenOffice Help from the menu. However, I have developed visual impairment to the point I cannot read the list of topics nor the documentation. It's just TOO SMALL. Is there alternate place for the OpenOffice Help content?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title, was: OpenOffice Help
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
According to topic 104522 rbc is switching from OpenOffice to LibreOffice
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice Help

Post by RusselB »

There is the Wikipedia page, but I can't, and won't, guarantee that it will be up-to-date in regards to the information that is in the help file.
If you are finding the print too small, one option is to adjust your screen resolution. A screen with a resolution of 1920x1080 as text/images appear smaller than the same text/image with the resolution set at 800x600
Most systems have a recommended setting, a maximum (which is the smallest resolution, but the biggest numbers), a minimum (largest resolution, smallest numbers) and (usually) several settings in between.
The minimum and maximum are hardware based, but the actual resolution you choose, is software based. Please note that if you want a setting that isn't listed, then your hardware doesn't support that setting.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rbc

Post by rbc »

This is Mac OpenOffice Help that I see
This is Mac OpenOffice Help that I see
I've already changed my screen resolution for overall text enlargement. However, the OpenOffice Help seems to be about 2point font! it's tiny, as shown in the image attached.
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I have no idea what's going on there, but the main body text of the help file, as shown in your picture, is smaller than the size I get with my resolution set at 1920x1080.
Unfortunately the Mac I was supposed to get hasn't shown up, so I don't know if that might be a difference between a Mac and a Windows system.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rbc

Post by rbc »

My experience is there is difference in resolution of Mac vs PC screens. Mac been "smaller" type. Don't have PC to compare so will wait for Mac user. Thanks.
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

rbc wrote:However, I have developed visual impairment to the point I cannot read the list of topics nor the documentation. It's just TOO SMALL.
To make the font in the Help text larger:
• Close the help screen
• File → New → HTML Document
• View → Zoom → Zoom Factor → Variable → {make it bigger} → OK
• File → Close

Open the help screen again.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Very nice MrProgrammer
rbc

Post by rbc »

I followed the directions but saw no difference.
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

For me on Linux the change affects the documentation (right panel) but not the index panel
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Try the LibreOffice. The newer versions of the LO have a freely resizable WEB-based HELP system.
The HELP is available online:
https://help.libreoffice.org/6.3/en-US/ ... _id9959410
But you can install offline version too.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 (2018)
Very strange signature... This version is not the last build available.