[Solved] Impress presenters notes

Discuss the presentation application
italoafro

[Solved] Impress presenters notes

Post by italoafro »

Hi
I am hoping someone could help...I am preparing a presentation on Impress 4.0.1 and have managed to prepare a basic presentation however, I am unable to see/open the presenters notes in presentation view.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]
open office 4.0.1 windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Impress presenters notes

Post by RoryOF »

The notes do not show in presentation view unless there is a second screen connected and /Slide Show /Slide show settings is set correctly. For purposes of experimentation any monitor connected to the laptop viewing port will suffice as a projector substitute.

It is good privately to sort out the settings needed for your laptop when presenting (using such an attached monitor as a projector substitute) and write them on a label stuck to laptop; it can be embarrassing to be fumbling with setup in front of an audience.

I always make certain to have a printout of my note screens in my laptop bag, just in case. Number the pages and staple or link them with a string tag.

It is also good to write your notes in a largish font for easy visibility - 14/16 pt, - limit them to points, contained in one laptop screen for each note page, so that you do not have to scroll that screen.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
italoafro

Post by italoafro »

Thank you for this...has really helped!
open office 4.0.1 windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

RoryOF wrote:I always make certain to have a printout of my note screens in my laptop bag, just in case. Number the pages and staple or link them with a string tag.
I have been asked (off-list) why I recommend stapling or using a string tag. Read
The_Great_Sermon_Handicap
for the classic example of why one needs one's notes stapled or tagged. I prefer the string tag, as it allows the pages be handled more easily.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS