[Solved] Custom colors lost when resetting profile

Discuss the drawing application
skeith2000

[Solved] Custom colors lost when resetting profile

Post by skeith2000 »

due to OO crashes (windows 10, OO version 4.16) I have reset my user profile following advice in other topics here. When I do this, I lose all the custom colors I have created. Is there a way to locate colors and paste them into the new profile? Thanks.
Last edited by skeith2000 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Custom colors lost when resetting profile

Post by Hagar Delest »

Of course. See: [Solved] Smooth colors in OpenOffice.
The .soc file is part of the backups I keep in a separate place (together with my shortcuts configuration for example) so that even if I need to install from scratch I can retrieve my preferred colors quickly.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Custom colors lost when resetting profile

Post by RusselB »

When you reset your profile, are you deleting it or renaming it?
If you are renaming it, then you can go through the older profile, which is a set of files, and copy the relevant file to the new profile.
If you are deleting the old profile, then you might be able to recover it, then rename it..before following the above advice.
I don't know in which file those settings are stored as (so far) I haven't used Draw.

Hagar's advice, which was posted while writing mine, sounds like a better idea.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.