Bypass or skip popup message in LO macro

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
tiger

Bypass or skip popup message in LO macro

Post by tiger »

Hello Folks, I am creating macro and It will work through (linux service) atomized service , and Input file is downloaded from Google drive, when I run macro Its getting one popup "This file contains links to other files.Should they be updated?" If I click yes or no then macro will run successfully
How Can I skip this message and run macro without any poppup box, Do we can any changes in libreoffice to avoid this kind of messages
Note : File has VLOOKUP already in one column within file, If I remove that lookup then message will not comes up but unfortunately I can't do that because that column data is very crucial and I really don't know from where it's taking that data
So It would be good that any expert can help here to resolve this issue
please check attached file and snapshop of popup message
Than You in advance
Attachments
file.xlsx
Data File
(39.23 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
poppup message
poppup message
poppup.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
LibreOffcie 5.1.3.2 on Window 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to bypass or skip any popup massage in libreoffice m

Post by Zizi64 »

1.: Check the link in the Edit - Links menu item.
2.: Be sure, that you do not need the data linked from the another file.
3.: Check the cells what referenced to the another file, modify the formulas to local data.
3.: Delete the link/s/.
4.: Save your document into the native, International Standard ODF (.ods) fileformat.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Edit>Links is disabled for foreign file formats.
An option under Tools>Options>Calc>General controls this behaviour (update links always|never|ask).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
EU-Import

Post by EU-Import »

The answers try to prevent the dialog box to appear, but that wasn't the question. The question is: how is it possible to skip or bypass this popup? Does anyone has the answer to that?

Thanks!
OpenOffice 4.1,6 on Windows 7 64bit
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Once the pop-up/message is on your screen, I don't believe there's any way around it, since the file you are trying to open for viewing and/or editing won't know if the links that are in the file need to be updated or not unless you respond to the question.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Re: Bypass or skip popup message in LO macro

Post by RoryOF »

Check ExternalDocLinks in the API; also a Forum search for that term might be helpful.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

EU-Import - you might have to resort to an external application to simulate a press on one of the two buttons - as you're on Windows something like AutoIt perhaps.

You can use Windows Api calls to simulate a mouse click or key press from OOBasic - but the problem would be whether or not all macro code stops executing when the message box is shown. If so you wouldn't be able to do it - even if the code to make the mouse click or keypress was run on a timer.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

May be this thread suffers from a misunderstanding. It is impossible to stop OpenOffice from asking questions about updating external links, regardless of what you set in Tools>Options>Calc>General>Update Links. Every time you open a spreadsheet document with certain types of links, you will be prompted.

The Calc component of https://libreoffice.org/ does not show this behaviour. LibreOffice does not show any prompt on loading when you set the option to "always" or "never".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice