[Solved] Page numbers not printing

Discuss the word processor
suebcosta

[Solved] Page numbers not printing

Post by suebcosta »

I have followed two sets of posted instructions for pagination. While page #'s show on screen, they do not appear on pages when printed. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4; Windows 7; Google Chrome
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Page numbers not printing

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Are the pages formatted so the page numbers aren't in the printer's non-printable margin?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It may be that you have selected a Page Size in Writer (/Format /Page /Page tab, Format dropdown) that is larger than the paper installed in your printer (usually A4 or US Letter). Both of these settings should be the same, or the Writer Page size less than the Printer Page size. Normally OpenOffice will complain if the two sizes don't match, but it might be that it doesn't.

Check what paper size the printer is using by /File /Print /Properties button : Paper tab.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Do the page numbers print as "Page Number" rather than as a numeral? If so, /View /Field Names will toggle this.
suebcosta

Post by suebcosta »

No, but a response from RoryOF above posted at 12:59 solved the issue. Many thanks for taking the time to respond. sbc
suebcosta

[Solved] Re: Page numbers not printing

Post by suebcosta »

suebcosta wrote:I have followed two sets of posted instructions for pagination. While page #'s show on screen, they do not appear on pages when printed. What am I doing wrong?
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Re: Page numbers not printing

Post by RoryOF »

suebcosta wrote:
suebcosta wrote:I have followed two sets of posted instructions for pagination. While page #'s show on screen, they do not appear on pages when printed. What am I doing wrong?
OpenOffice Writer uses a Page Size; this is different from a Paper size, which is what the printer uses to print on. One could have a document with a Page Size of a newspaper, but the printer will (generally) only print on A4 or US Letter. A usual problem is that OpenOffice will default to A4 or US Letter as its Page Size (which depends on the locale selected), and the printer might default to US Letter or A4 - i.e., the other way around.