[Solved] Plz translate Excel formula to OpenOffice

Discuss the spreadsheet application
statiyo

[Solved] Plz translate Excel formula to OpenOffice

Post by statiyo »

Hi

Am trying to solve my case in Oppenoffice so I found a the perfect exemple but its for excel...I tried the formula in Oppenoffice did not work...:

Formula 2. Vlookup multiple matches and return results in a row at link below

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins- ... ues-excel/

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$13, SMALL(IF($D3=$A$3:$A$13, ROW($B$3:$B$13)-2,""), COLUMN()-4)),"")

Could someone kindly please translate this excel formula for openoffice?

Many thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows XP
RusselB

Re: Plz translate excel formula to openoffice

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Open Office does not have the IFERROR function.
For Open Office you need to change that to a nested IF with the first parameter being the ISERROR function. I also don't know about the comparison in the IF that is contained in your SMALL.
Presuming that works, the OpenOffice Calc formula would be

Code: Select all

=if(iserror(INDEX($B$3:$B$13;SMALL(IF($D3=$A$3:$A$13;ROW($B$3:$B$13)-2;"");COLUMN()-4)));"";INDEX($B$3:$B$13;SMALL(IF($D3=$A$3:$A$13;ROW($B$3:$B$13)-2;"");COLUMN()-4)))
An alternative suggestion is to download and install LibreOffice, which supports the IFERROR function and the usage of commas as parameter separators, rather than semi-colons, which OpenOffice uses.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Note:
The AOO/LO Calc is a multiplatform, and multilanguage software.
The comma is the decimal separator in many languages (like the Hungarian and the German languages and others)
Therefore it is better to use the semicolon as parameter separators, instead of the comma in the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Install https://libreoffice.org and your formula will work with IFERROR and with commas. LibreOffice is the successor to OpenOffice.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Villeroy wrote:... LibreOffice is the successor to OpenOffice.
I don't think that is correct. An Airbus 380 is not a successor to a Boeing 747 - there is zero relationship between them.

Similarly AOO and LO are completely different products designed and built by completely different organisations and there is zero relationship between them.

I think it is better to say "LibreOffice is a more up to date and continuing to be developed alternative to ApacheOpenOffice".
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

LO forked from version 3.3. Versions 3.3 of both products were identical.
AOO released 3 more versions with the side bar being the only visible feature compared to 3.3.
LO developed steadily introducing hundreds of improvements and major changes, some of them questionable though. For spreadsheet users, particularly from the anglosaxon sphere, very high compatibility with XL is certainly a valuable set of features.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
statiyo

Post by statiyo »

Thanks for your help!

I'm closer than I was but am getting incorrect results - how to fix formula?

Plz see attached file
Attachments
not right.ods
(9.91 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
gerard24
Volunteer

Post by gerard24 »

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2017/02/22/vlookup-multiple-values-excel/ wrote: enter one of the following array formulas in the formula bar, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter
LibreOffice 6.4.5 on Windows 10
statiyo

Post by statiyo »

thx I did CSE but the curly brackets do not show up and same result...any ideas??
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Pivot tables are easy.
Attachments
right.ods
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
statiyo

Post by statiyo »

Interesting, thx Villeroy for making it right!!
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... /DataPilot (data pilot and pivot table are the same)

I added column headers above the data, called menu:Data>Pivot>Create... and plotted names in row fields against items in column fields with a data field couting the items.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Villeroy wrote:LO forked from version 3.3. Versions 3.3 of both products were identical.
I think we are in violent agreement and the correct statement is, as you suggest, "LibreOffice is a successor to OpenOffice.org". Similarly, AOO is a successor to OpenOffice.org.

I know it's semantics but I am a long-standing member of The Pedants' Society :-) .
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.