Print one page four times on one sheet

Discuss the word processor
wendi

Print one page four times on one sheet

Post by wendi »

OO 4.1.5; Win10Pro64. I have a one page document, that I would like to print half-size, four times on a single sheet of paper. I've tried various combinations of settings in OO, and in my printer's properties, but I can't make it happen. Selecting four pages per sheet in layout options gets the size right, but only one representation of the page is printed. I tried also asking for four copies, but that generated four sheets of paper. Can anyone light the path for me?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Print one page four times on one sheet

Post by RoryOF »

The quickest answer is to copy and paste your page so there are four copies of it in the document, then select to print 4 up, as you have tried.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
LastUnicorn

Re: Print one page four times on one sheet

Post by LastUnicorn »

(At risk of disagreeing with RoryOF.) On Windows systems the quickest and easiest way of doing this is to install FinePrint and do it from within there. You can do what you want with a few clicks of a mouse. I've used FinePrint for years and I would regard it as pretty well essential for Windows operating systems - you can do lots of amazing print stuff with it very quickly and very easily.

If you download and install it it should work in trial mode for while. Tip: when you get asked during the install to set FinePrint as your default printer just click yes to that.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]