Impress Not Creating Multi-image Handouts Properly

Discuss the presentation application
bsfinkel

Impress Not Creating Multi-image Handouts Properly

Post by bsfinkel »

I have a problem with Open Office 4.1.6 Impress on Windows 7 32-bit. I want to create handouts, 6y images per page, with Order "Top to bottom, then right". If I select the default slides-per-page, then I get what I want. But if I select 6 slides per page (which is the default), I get the "Left to right, then down" orientation, even though I have explicitly selected the other order. Is this a bug? Thanks.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit
RoryOF

Re: Impress Not Creatng Multi-image Handouts Properly

Post by RoryOF »

On my Print dialog, when I select to print default number of slides on Handouts (from the dropdown) I get the option to select left to right or top to bottom, and the preview shows the order change. If I nominate 6 slides per handout, the change order is still offered, but the preview does not reflect that changed order.

So I recommend that you leave the setting as "default", which will give you the six slides you require, and then make the order change, rather than exactly selecting 6 slides.
 Edit: This seems to vary depending on whhether performed on a fresh opening of a presentation, or redone on an existing opening. I think you will just have tp play with it, starting each time from a fresh opening. When the preview gives you the desired order, print! Dont't fiddle any further. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
bsfinkel

Re: Impress Not Creatng Multi-image Handouts Properly

Post by bsfinkel »

So someone has reproduced the problem. How/where do I report this as an official bug? I am sure that the software was not written intentionally with this feature/characteristic*.

* I was once watching NASA TV during a space mission, and an astronaut could not get a camera working. He contacted Mission Control, and was told to power-cycle the camera. That worked. The astronaut then asked if that was a bug or a feature. Ground Control answered, "a characteristic".
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit
Hagar Delest

Re: Impress Not Creating Multi-image Handouts Properly

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10