Embedded excel spreadsheet prints as black

Discuss the word processor
sreford

Embedded excel spreadsheet prints as black

Post by sreford »

I've been trying to print a document with an embedded spreadsheet, but the spreadsheet parts print out as a black block... any way I can change this?
OpenOffice 4.1.6, Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Embedded excel spreadsheet prints as black

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Personally, I insert as DDE link and then break the link (menu Edit > Links). This way I retain the destination format and if needed I apply the formatting inside Writer.
If you prefer the embedded way, try to export as PDF first. It may be a problem between AOO and your printer.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
sreford

Post by sreford »

The document I have was a template that was provided to me by the business gateway and as such, I don't want to modify it as I don't want to be messing around with trying to reinsert information.

I tried to save as pdf but same issue.
OpenOffice 4.1.6, Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If it was an .xls, .xlsx file or template in MS Office format, it is probable that the code did not transfer correctly to OO; you may be able to tweak the code, but bear in mind that OO is not and does not profess to be an MS Office clone.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS