[Solved] Save a copy as

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jjon

[Solved] Save a copy as

Post by jjon »

Does openoffice calc have such functionality? I often want to save the contents of a sheet as a csv file, but I want to continue working on the ods file. It seems the only way I can do it is "Save As". Then I'm operating on the csv file. So then I have to close the file and reopen the .ods file. Is there any shortcut for this?
Last edited by jjon on Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6
macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
MrProgrammer

Re: Save a copy as

Post by MrProgrammer »

jjon wrote:Save a Copy As: Does openoffice calc have such functionality?
The command would be in the File menu, right? It's not there. Or in Tools → Customize → Menus → Add → Category → Documents. It's not there.
jjon wrote:I often want to save the contents of a sheet as a csv file, but I want to continue working on the ods file.
The first step I'd take is File → Save though if you are sure you won't make a mistake you can omit that.
• Edit → Sheet → Move/Copy → Be sure to select Copy → To Document → New Document →
Verify that you selected Copy → OK → File → Save As → File Type → Text CSV
If you fail to select Copy, the current sheet will be deleted from the original spreadsheet! The deletion turns on the file changed flag and a subsequent save deletes it from the ODS file on disk.
jjon wrote:Is there any shortcut for this?
• Edit → Select All → Edit → Copy → File → New spreadsheet → Edit → Paste → File → Save As → File Type → Text CSV
(⌘A ⌘C ⌘N ⌘V ⇑⌘S on a Mac, Ctrl+A Ctrl+C Ctrl+N Ctrl+V Ctrl+Shift+S on other platforms)
It should take you less than 3 seconds to type those five keyboard shortcuts.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
jjon

Re: Save a copy as

Post by jjon »

Just discovered LibreOffice has this functionality, and a bunch of other stuff I need, like save remote. So, switching to LO
OpenOffice 4.1.6
macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Save a copy as

Post by Zizi64 »

So, switching to LO

OpenOffice 4.1.6
macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Please update your signature in this forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.