"Universal Network Objects" for instance

Talk about anything at all....
Villeroy
Volunteer

"Universal Network Objects" for instance

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Re: "Universal Network Objects" for instance

Post by keme »

Brilliant, and quite to the point concerning UNO. Thanks, Villeroy!

I started looking into it at one time, but as I didn't have any actual task at hand, motivation was drained before I learned anything useful. I figured "life is too short"...
Also currently, I can modify existing solutions a bit (*) as long as the object constructs are built and ready for me, but don't ask me to make anything useful from scratch.

Or perhaps that kind of project is exactly what I need to keep motivation up.
OK! Hit me!

(*) Ripping apart and gluing back together stuff that I don't fully understand. IOW, quite to the point, that cartoon. It hit me hardly ;-)
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Thanks, Villeroy, that's great. :super:
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

I am, of course, much less educated in the field, however...

Well, uno might be a great thing if everycompandorg adapted it and contributed to its enhancement. SUN's idea this would happen was a pipe-dream. Hopefully also Apple's and Google's pipe(?)-dreams won't fulfil in the long run.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München