Problems creating form and relationships

Discuss the database features
terentis

Problems creating form and relationships

Post by terentis »

Hello

I've been trying to make this for the past week watching tutorials but I keep on running into same errors and i'm running myself into a wall trying to figure this out

I'm trying to make a table to keep track of sales for a small business that ive started and want to beable to generate a report to show the profit i'm making from my sales but everytime i try to make a form to help show this it doesn't work. I've tried to make relationships to make this work but I keep on getting several different errors depending on how i try to make those relationships. the relationship that i can create never seems the same from ones i see in the examples posted online as well so im really over my head.

i want to have a form to keep a list of the items i have for sale with fields for
item
cost
retail

and a table to keep track of each transaction i make
date
item
qty sold
total

and then make a report to show the profit i make from the retail/cost fields for either a year length or a specific month

i can create the tables fine but when i get to the form for the transaction i cant seem to make it work

ive included what i currently have made and was hoping someone could wave a magic wand and fix my problem so that i can learn from my mistakes

ps, if this doesn't belong here i apologize
Attachments
bgn shop.odb
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
openoffice 4.1.5 windows10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: problems creating form and relationships

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Look at this example.
[Example] Invoice Forms (without macros)
You might be able to use this as a starting point

Here is a database design tutorial you might find helpful
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... torial.pdf
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11