Previous file reload

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Dim67

Previous file reload

Post by Dim67 »

Hello,
I have a form made in Calc for taking customer orders. Let's say its called Ordersheet1. This is a blank form. After filling in the form I print it and then do Save As and save it under the customer name. That way I have the order on file in case I need it again later.

But now I have the filled in form on the screen with the filename as the customer name. So if I want to fill out a new form for the next customer, I have to close this sheet and open my blank form again (Ordersheet 1).

Is there a way to reset the form to blank, or revert back to Ordersheet1 after I do the Save As?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 / Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Previous file reload

Post by Villeroy »

Use a template.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

Not sure how. I saved the Ordersheet1 as a template, reloaded it, then filled out the form, did a Save As Customer name. Now I have a Customer name template.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 / Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Remove all specific data from the document.

menu:File>Templates>Save... give a name to the template.
menu:File>New>From Template [Ctrl+Shift+N] opens a new, unsaved document based on the template with no specific data.
Fill the new document with specific data. When you save it, you get a Save-As dialog because the file is not saved yet.
Save the new document and start the next one with menu:File>New>From Template [Ctrl+Shift+N]
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice