[Solved] OpenOffice Mail Merge

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Odd.acious

[Solved] OpenOffice Mail Merge

Post by Odd.acious »

Hello everyone! Okay, I have a several step problem. My issue is that I am trying to create a mail merge for letters and labels. I believe I am stuck on getting the Spreadsheet formatting correct. How can I merge two columns all the way down the page?
For example, how may I merge one column with street numbers and a column with street names into one column? I have about 100 addresses to combine.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Open Office Mail Merge

Post by FJCC »

You can merge the text of two cells with

Code: Select all

=A1 & B1
You probably want a space between the two, so use

Code: Select all

=A1 & " " & B1
You can copy and paste the formula into the other cells in the column.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Odd.acious

Post by Odd.acious »

That worked very well to combine the first two columns! How do I do this, besides putting that formula into each column, apply that to the entire spreadsheet?
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The Help file says
If you want to copy a formula into multiple cells, there is a quick and easy way to copy into adjacent cell areas:
1. Select the cell containing the formula.
2. Position the mouse on the bottom right of the highlighted border of the cell, and continue holding down the mouse button until the pointer changes to a cross-hair symbol.
3. With the mouse button pressed, drag it down or to the right over all the cells into which you want to copy the formula.
4. When you release the mouse button, the formula will be copied into the cells and automatically adjusted.
If you do not want values and texts to be automatically adjusted, then hold down the Ctrl key when dragging. Formulas, however, are always adjusted accordingly.