Listing Products with photos beside

Discuss the database features
pahmed

Listing Products with photos beside

Post by pahmed »

Hi everyone
I need to display each product records with its photo in forms and reports
For example in a table view form under the Picture column showing every records picture line by line

Thanks
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Listing Products with photos beside

Post by UnklDonald418 »

It is usually best to store all the images in a single sub-directory, and include a text field in your database table to hold the path/filename for the image file.
Include an image control on the form using the path/filename field as the data source.
Using the form, select a product record and right click on the image control and select Insert graphics from.
Navigate to and select the desired image and the path/filename will be inserted in the database for the selected product record..

For a discussion of the options for displaying images on a database form see
[Tutorial] Pictures in Base
to include images on a report you will probably need the Oracle Report Builder extension.
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
lsemmens

Re: Listing Products with photos beside

Post by lsemmens »

One issue not mentioned in the first reply reply in the tutorial is that there is a 2Gb limit on the size of tables with embedded pictures in any 32 bit OS. It is always worthwhile linking to said pictures or you can run up against cryptic error messages that bear no resemblance to the actual problem. I spent months working that out back in my early days with Access (version 2.0). I, eventually, found reference to it buried deep in their online documentation.
LibreOfice Version: 6.0.7.3 Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.6 HQSLDB on Linux Mint 19 Tara - Cinnamon 3.8.9 (Gtk 3.22.30-1ubuntu3)