Calc chart will not refresh

Discuss the spreadsheet application
cajun4046

Calc chart will not refresh

Post by cajun4046 »

I have imported RTD from TOS ...the data is working fine. I created a bar chart from the live feed. The chart will not refresh when the data changes. I can hit F9 or change data in any open cell and the chart refreshes. I need the chart to refresh as soon as the live feed changes. I cannot sit there and hit F9 all day......How can I solve this problem
OpenOffice 4.1.5....Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: calc chart will not refresh

Post by Villeroy »

File>New>Database...
[X] Connect to existing db
Type: Text
Specify the directory where your text file(s) reside and the import parameters (name suffix, separators, encoding).
[X] Register the database (for other documents such as spreadsheets)
Save the database document which is just an adapter, a configuration file. Nothing gets converted or copied. All data are in the text file(s) within the specified directory.
If you want, you can define queries which provide other views with different sort orders of rows and columns, with preset filters and renamed columns.
------------------------------------------
Open a Calc document and hit F4 for the data source window with a tree view of registered data sources.
Open your database and the tables or queries section and drag the icon of your table/query to a spreadsheet cell. This creates a dynamic link to that source.
Right-click the data source icon, close the connection and see if menu:Data>Refresh rebuilds the import range with new data.
------------------------------------------
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=18511 explains Calc with data sources in more detail. The second posting includes a macro that allows you to set a refresh interval for import ranges. The macro is only used once for the setup. The macro does not provide the timer feature.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: calc chart will not refresh

Post by Villeroy »

And of course, menu:Tools>CellContents>AutoCalculation should be enabled.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice