[Solved] Access is denied: Session is closed

Creating tables and queries
dpark29

[Solved] Access is denied: Session is closed

Post by dpark29 »

I copied the structure of a table to a new table and the used the Execute SQL Statement utility to change the Primary Key field of the new table to an Autovalue field. Now I cannot see any tables in the Database and when I try to run a "COMPACT SHUTDOWN" or other SQL in the Execute SQL Statement utility, I get a "Access is denied: Session is closed." message. How can I resolve this error?
Thank you.
Last edited by dpark29 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.01, Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Access is denied: Session is closed

Post by Villeroy »

COMPACT SHUTDOWN shuts down the database connection. Close and reopen the database document.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

Assuming you are using HSQL as your database back-end, you said you entered a command COMPACT SHUTDOWN . . . however . . . the correct command is SHUTDOWN COMPACT . NOT what you entered.

Whether there are other issues with your database, based ( pun intended ) on your limited description, I do not know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
dpark29

Post by dpark29 »

AH...Entering the command correctly works much better....doesn't it! That seems to have solved the issue.

Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.01, Windows 7