Document Recovery - delete documents

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
arnettce@gmail.com

Document Recovery - delete documents

Post by arnettce@gmail.com »

Every time I open OpenOffice, OPENOFFICE DOCUMENT RECOVERY pops up. Under DOCUMENT NAME, I have three documents listed as NOT RECOVERED YET. I click on START RECOVERY, it runs a few seconds, and tells me RECOVERY FAILED. My question is, HOW do I delete the three items from OpenOffice, to stop them popping up?
Open Office 4.15 at Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Document Recovery - delete documents

Post by robleyd »

Is there a Cancel option when the recovery window appears. What happens if you choose Cancel?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Strange problems are sometimes fixed by resetting the profile - see Resetting the user profile.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This suggests that you are in some way improperly closing OpenOffice. Try this: Use /File /Close to close each open document in turn, then /File /Exit to shut down OpenOffice. Now use the formal computer close down procedure and wait a few seconds for all disk activity to cease before cutting the power or closing a laptop lid.

If that helped, you should review your method of closure of OO and its documents.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS