Format problem

Discuss the word processor
MichaelKellar023

Format problem

Post by MichaelKellar023 »

When I try to center a single line or word by highlighting and clicking the center button, the ENTIRE document centers. How can I solve this?
MichaelKellar023
OpenOffice 4.1.
Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Format problem

Post by RoryOF »

How do you end your lines? With Enter or with Shift Enter? Each line to be centered must be a deparate paragraph - i.e.preceeded and followed by an Enter . To see these, turn on /View /non printing characters (same command turns this display off); Enter characters are a backwards P (recte: a Pilcrow) and line breaks (Shift Enter) are a left pointing hooked arrow.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MichaelKellar023

Post by MichaelKellar023 »

RoryOF - thanks for the reply. Actually, I composed the document on my phone, and then mailed it to myself, then copied & pasted from mail into the OO document for final proofreading and final adjustments.
MichaelKellar023
OpenOffice 4.1.
Windows 10
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

It would be handy to see the document (there is an upload tab at the bottom of the Reply and Quote windows) but there may be a good change that the word is impeded in a paragraph.

Display the the invisible formatting charcters, (Somewhere under the View and I may have the name wrong as I am on LO) and see if you have a line break or a paragraph break between the text above and below the word.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04