Sending direct messages

Discuss the word processor
donar

Sending direct messages

Post by donar »

hi guys i have a problem, if someone could advise me it would be appreciated , i type up say a sales doocument in writer , i want to send this document direct to the inbox of my 14,654 etc opted in recipients , i do not want the message to go as an attachment . i want them to see my message in their inbox , they click it and they see my message.
i get a lot of these type messages in my yahoo mail box ( see the attachment , it is a sample of what i get and what i want ) .
i think it maybe has something to do with the " send as email " in writer but i click this and get the message " no email program set up " , thanks
Attachments
email program.jpg
open office 3.1 on win7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: sending direct messages

Post by Zizi64 »

Se "Send a email" feature uses the default e-mail CLIENT software for sending the document as an attachment.
I am using the Thunderbird e-mail client software. It works well with my LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
donar

Post by donar »

i will not send it as an attachment it must go direct to the recipients mail box , how do i do that ? that is the question , it is 100% certain it can be done , i receive a lot of them in yahoo , gmail , wsetnet , gmx and yaddex , thanks don
open office 3.1 on win7
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

If it can be done, then you can find out how to do it by using Google or by asking someone who sent you such a document or by asking on a forum which specializes in discussions about e-mail. I tried a Google search and everything I found explained how to add an attachment to an e-mail. Generally, different programs are developed to open different types of documents. An e-mail client can open e-mails. Writer can open some types of text documents. I wouldn't expect Writer to open an e-mail and I wouldn't expect an e-mail client to open text documents.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

From a PM:
i advise that i have tried to install a default email program using many many help sites , mostly i cannot find the links they say , for example i had to go to settings , click " default apps ? " there is no default apps in my settings .
The "Default e-mail client" option is not located in the Apache OpenOffice or in the Libreoffice settings. It is an operating system related option.
The Thunderbird installer (or the installed Thunderbird software itself) will suggest you, if it will be as default e-mail client or not. Just accept it.

After the installation of the Thunderbird, the "Send as Email" menu item of the AOO/LO will launch the Thunderbird software, and the edited document will be attached to a new mail automatically. But you must sentd it manually from the Thunderbird.
(Or you can write a macro to send mails programatically.)

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/all/
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.