Font changing at random

Discuss the word processor
writerman

Font changing at random

Post by writerman »

I write in Calibri 12 point, which changes, apparently at random, to a smaller point size on random lines on several pages. I can sometimes correct this by highlighting the faulty text and selecting the font size again. However, I sometimes have to select a smaller font first then select the 12 point. Sometimes this appears with a clear score though it. It's annoying! Any suggestions anyone?
Open Office 4.1.5 on Apple 10.13.6
RusselB

Re: Font changing at random

Post by RusselB »

Make sure you have the font that you want to write in installed on your computer.
If you pick a font (style and.or size) that is in the font list, but not actually installed on your computer, then Writer will do a silent substitution of a font that it considers similar.
If that is happening, then the code that picks the substitution may not always pick the same one.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
writerman

Post by writerman »

Hi Russell, thanks for the reply but the font is installed, I've been using it for years. I had exactly the same problem with Microsoft Word for years but it was fixed in one of their updates. I moved to Open Office because it is more intuative and easier to use but this bug is driving me buggy! I really do not want to become a slave to hideous Word again.
Open Office 4.1.5 on Apple 10.13.6
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Are you setting the font in a paragraph Style or manually ?
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

If you post a document that has the problem, we can try to find the cause. If you do not want to post your personal document, just type nonsense until the problem appears. To post a document, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I use OpenOffice for much writing and revision of documents and have never had a font change at random. I use styles always and save in .odt format.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Is the font size setting changing or this just a display problem? It seems very strange that the setting would change for random complete lines.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04