[Solved] 3 Lists with Results in 4th List?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Moon Lit Nights

[Solved] 3 Lists with Results in 4th List?

Post by Moon Lit Nights »

Hello,

I have read through several posts regarding lookups but can't seem to find anything I think I can use for this situation.
My apologies upfront if this has been asked in a different way somewhere.

I need a total of 4 Lists, 3 of them are gathering info from the user while the 4th should display yet another list that matches the criteria selected. I'm completely confused and not fully sure how to explain the situation so I have attached a sample to hopefully better explain what I would like to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Employment Status.ods
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Last edited by Moon Lit Nights on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows
MrProgrammer

Re: 3 Lists with Results in 4th List?

Post by MrProgrammer »

Moon Lit Nights wrote: the 4th should display yet another list that matches the criteria selected.
Thank you for your attachment.
201903210851.ods
(22.69 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Your previous posts on the forum suggest that you would benefit greatly by studying this tutorial until you understand it.
[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Moon Lit Nights

Thank you MrProgrammer for your time and effort.

I know that it may seem a bit redundant to use so many dropdown lists and your way would DEFINITELY be more feasible but there's a reason behind the madness. lol

The sheet will be used by others and the cells cannot have an infinite number of inputs available.

I have been doing a bit more research without using the lookup functions and it may be best for me to use a filter (not familiar with them as of yet). The problem is that I cannot avoid seeing all the information from the Name column when trying to pull the results into a list. Filters are said to have an option to "copy only visible cells" but I am unable to see this option. I am hoping that with this option I can create a list with only the Name list.

Any chance you can point me in the right direction when going this route?

Thank you again, your help is greatly appreciated.
Moon Lit Nights

After experimenting a bit it seems as if the filter will do so I thought I would share a slightly updated spreadsheet with the results.

Thanks again, MrProgrammer, for your time.

:bravo:
Attachments
Employment Status (1).ods
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Moon Lit Nights

MrProgrammer wrote: Your previous posts on the forum suggest that you would benefit greatly by studying this tutorial until you understand it.
[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Just saw this, will check it out to see what I am missing.