How can I copy a slide master to another document?

Discuss the presentation application
shilliard

How can I copy a slide master to another document?

Post by shilliard »

How can I copy a slide master and a notes master to another document?

How can I use a current slide master or notes master in a new document?

Edit: I have modified the masters in one presentation. Now I want to copy them to another presentation.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 on windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: How can I copy a slide master to another document?

Post by John_Ha »

Copy the presentation file fred .odp to copy_of_fred.odp. Delete all slides in copy_of_fred.odp.

Or use Insert > From file ...

See Chapter 2 - Using Slide Masters, Styles, and Templates in the Impress Guide which says:
Working with slide masters

Impress comes with 28 pre-packaged slide masters. They are shown in the Master Pages section of the Tasks pane (Figure 17). This section has three subsections: Used in This Presentation, Recently Used, and Available for Use. Click the + sign next to the name of a subsection to expand it to show thumbnails of the slides, or click the – sign to collapse the subsection to hide the thumbnails.
Each of the slide masters shown in the Available for Use list is from a template of the same name. If you have created your own templates, or added templates from other sources, slide masters from those templates will also appear in this list. See “Working with templates” on page 40 for more about templates.
You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.. Del
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.