Renaming a spreadsheet folder

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Frie25
Banned

Renaming a spreadsheet folder

Post by Frie25 »

How to rename a spreadsheet folder.It is quite basic and its a shame i dont it,but still i will be obliged if someone helps.Thanks in advance
«Removed by moderator»
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Renaming a spreadsheet folder

Post by Bill »

A Google search found this:

How to ReName a File or Folder in Mac OS X
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Note that an open file, or a folder containing opened files, should not be renamed. The same goes for system files and -folders. Normally the operating system will disallow renaming in those situatons, giving a message about why. This behavior should be the same for all OS platforms

For completeness:
If you have enabled root access rights the rename may be allowed.

Not sure about the exact behavior with your OS-X version (it's been a while...), but if you are "root" I guess you would know...
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I'd also suggest being careful when renaming folders that contain spreadsheets, as any spreadsheets that contain links to files in that folder will have to be edited so the link contains the new folder name.
Not too bad if you don't have many links, but I've seen some people have hundreds of files that are interlinked, and doing all of that editing would take a lot more time and effort than just leaving the folder name alone.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.