Opening formating problem

Talk about anything at all....
Crepelady

Opening formating problem

Post by Crepelady »

Hi I have Open Office and usually when I want to change a page from portrait to landscape I open format and then click on the page style in the drop down menu. Tonight I did this and I don't get a drop down menu!
Instead a screen opens that is titled "Style and Formatting at the Top Middle of the screen. On the left side of the screen it just shows

I tried restarting my computer and no change.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to correct this?
I am on a macbook pro macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
OpenOffice .org 3.1.1
MrProgrammer

Re: Opening formating problem

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Crepelady wrote:I have Open Office and usually when I want to change a page from portrait to landscape …
What component of OpenOffice are you using? Writer, Calc, something else?
Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 17.42.01 .png
Are you really using 3.1.1? If not update your forum signature in User Control Panel → Profile → Edit Signature. We need to know your version to provide appropriate assistance. You are not likely to find people on the forum who remember how 3.1.1 used to work.
Crepelady wrote:I open format and then click on the page style in the drop down menu.
I'm not familiar with a procedure which provides a drop down menu of page styles. Can you explain in more detail exactly what you do to get this drop down menu? Are you using a toolbar? Which toolbar?
Crepelady wrote:Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to correct this?
Correct what? If you want to eliminate the Styles and Formatting display, select the Format menu and uncheck the Styles and Formatting option. If you want OpenOffice to provide a drop down menu, respond to the previous question.

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Crepelady wrote:...usually when I want to change a page from portrait to landscape I open format and then click on the page style in the drop down menu. Tonight I did this and I don't get a drop down menu!
Are you using OpenOffice or LibreOffice? Clicking Format on the Menu Bar in AOO or LO does not open a drop down list of styles. Clicking Styles on the Menu Bar in LibreOffice does display a list of styles, but page styles aren't on that list. AOO does not have Styles on the Menu Bar.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Gaurang Sharad

Post by Gaurang Sharad »

select the formatting menu and from this menu uncheck the Styles and Formatting option to correct your issue.
OpenOffice 2.4 on xubuntu