Libre Writer "document could not be locked"

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
fatfreek

Libre Writer "document could not be locked"

Post by fatfreek »

I’m pulling my hair out on this one. When attempting to open a frequently edited Libre Writer doc I’ve been getting the following for the past couple of days.

[img]C:\Users\Public\Documents\Google%20Drive\BannerStUtilitiesRentLog\JunkFileSaveProblem.png[/img]

I’m back to using ver. 6.1.5.2 (x64). Thinking that the 6.2 version was the culprit I uninstalled that yesterday, then reinstalled the 6.1 stable version.

Still the same problem.

What have I done during the last few days differently?
Allow Windows 10 to update system -- March 1
Install Opus Directory Pro
LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 (x64)
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Libre Writer "document could not be locked"

Post by Bill »

A Google search for the error message indicates that it's a permissions problem. Check your Windows Defender settings to make sure that LibreOffice isn't being blocked by Controlled Folder Access.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
fatfreek

Post by fatfreek »

Right now "Controlled Folder Access" is OFF. I'm supposing that's good in this case?
LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 (x64)
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

[img]C:\Users\Public\Documents\Google%20Drive\BannerStUtilitiesRentLog\JunkFileSaveProblem.png[/img]

There is not any image attachment present in your post. Please use the "Upload attachment" TAB under the post edit window.
Optimize the picture before you upload it here, because the file size limit is 128 KiB in this forum. A 256 color, PNG type, cropped screenshot will be smaller than 128 KiB. (I am using the IrfanView software for this procedure.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Question also asked on AskLibreOffice
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

fatfreek wrote:Right now "Controlled Folder Access" is OFF. I'm supposing that's good in this case?
It's a good thing if you want to leave your computer vulnerable to a ransomware attack. I see that someone posted on the other forum that turning off CFA solved the problem. That should only be considered a temporary workaround, not a fix. If turning off CFA temporarily allows LO to work normally, then the fix is to turn CFA back on then change the CFA settings to alllow LO through CFA.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

What is the complete error message? If you have a screen capture - [Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers