Can only make 5 slides

Discuss the presentation application
pariah22

Can only make 5 slides

Post by pariah22 »

Just downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.6 for an upcoming presentation, however, I cannot create more than 5 slides at a time before having to make a new slide presentation. I read something about 5 master slides but don't know if that is the problem nor do I know :knock: how to use it. Just want to make a simple 15-20 slide presentation. I used to have an old power point and had no problem. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :knock:
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 8
RoryOF

Re: Can only make 5 slides

Post by RoryOF »

This is strange - I am currently working on a presentation and have inserted about 100 blank slides, all based on the same master. 20 of these slides I have already populated with text and images, also notes pages. (I will not be using all these slides in any one presentation - possibly a selection of about 60, chosen according to the target audience - use /Slide Show /Custom Slide Show to make such named selections.

I suggest you check /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /Memory ; I currently have the following settings
Undo - 10 steps
Use for OpenOffice 256 MB
Memory per object 5.0 MB
Remove from memory after 10 minutes
Number of objects 50

After changing any of these I would suggest closing and reopening OpenOffice to ensure that the new settings are used.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
pariah22

Post by pariah22 »

Thanks for your reply. I changed my settings to those you suggested and thought for a moment that the problem might have been solved since mine was set for 25 mb not 256. However, once I changed all the settings to what you have it still didn't work so I made a new presentation and still could only make 5 slides. I know it must be something easy that i'm overlooking since I've never used this program before although It seems that I'm doing everything right up to 5 slides, than it doesn't let me make any more. :crazy: :knock: :crazy: :knock: :ouch:
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 8
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I normally use the one master slide in a presentation, as it gives a consistent look throughout.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Are you making masters and only five are permitted? See the Impress manual.

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.