Database with OpenOffice

Discuss the database features
8380pp

Database with OpenOffice

Post by 8380pp »

Good Morning,
I would like to know if anyone could help me upload files "word", "excel" and "pdf" and videos and group of photos in a form of my database that I am doing, step by step, I am new in the open office and I'm learning how to work I also wanted to know if someone could teach me step by step how to connect the photo of a form to automatically appear in another independent form.
I hope I'm not asking too much, but I'm still taking the first steps in OPEN OFFICE
OPEN OFFICE4.1.6
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Database with OpenOffice

Post by John_Ha »

Have you looked through the User Guides and the Tutorials?

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

When you have read them and tried to do what you want come back if you run into problems with a question like "I am trying to do xxxx, but yyyy happens instead. How do I get zzzz to happen?"

As a beginner you are attempting something difficult. Google for a solution you can download or purchase.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Database with OpenOffice

Post by UnklDonald418 »

When you open a Base form in the Edit/Design mode, the Form Controls toolbar appears along the left of the window. It can be toggled on/off by selecting the menu item at View>Toolbars>Form Controls.
Near the bottom of those icons is one for More Controls, selecting that will toggle a floating menu with an additional 13 controls. One of those is an Image Control. Select that icon and use click and drag to define the location and size of the control on your form.
Right click somewhere on the newly added control and select Control from the pop-up menu to open the Properties: Image Control dialog.
On the General tab you can adjust the display options and on the Data tab is the Data field property where the database field containing the image can be selected.
For a discussion of two approaches to storing images in a database see
[Tutorial] Pictures in Base
Another important tool that is available in the form Edit/Design mode is the Form Navigator. It can be found on the Form Design toolbar along the bottom of the window, 5th icon from the left.
Base has no audio or video players. But it is possible to store the URL address of audio or video files in database text fields. Then a Push button control on a Base form with its Action property set to Open document can use the system default audio or video player to play a selected audio or video file outside of Base.

There are only a few minor differences between LO Base and AOO Base, so another good resource is the Base Handbook that can be downloaded from
https://documentation.libreoffice.org/e ... tion/base/

Calc can open Excel spreadsheets and there is a section in the handbook titled "Exporting data from Calc into a database" that explains how to copy spreadsheet data into Base tables.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11