Openoffice 4.1.6

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Kimmay25

Openoffice 4.1.6

Post by Kimmay25 »

Hello!!! I use the presentation power point slides for my busy. Every other week when I open openoffice 4.1.6, my folders that i keep all week long turn red. When I open them, it red and says "most of the features of PowerPoint have been disable because it hasn't been active". What does that mean? I thought openoffice was free? And every other week I uninstall the program about 10 times and finally I get it to work. What am I doing wrong?
Openoffice 4.1.6 windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Openoffice 4.1.6

Post by RoryOF »

This may be because a trial version of MS Office installed with Windows 10 has expired; you may need to set your presentation file type to open with OpenOffice, not with MS Office - you will be setting a File Association for an .odp or .ppt type file. If you are using OpenOffice Impress to make and show your presentations, you would be better to use .odp format (Impress's native format).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Openoffice 4.1.6

Post by floris v »

Google is your friend. It appears that when you haven't activated MS Office, most functionality will be disabled after a while. That has nothing to do with OpenOffice, as Rory already pointed out. If you don't intend to use MS Office, it's better to uninstall that, so you don't get those annoying error messages anymore.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum