Filters: Export to Non-Office, Import/Export Alien Formats

Shared Libraries
Forum rules
For sharing working examples of macros / scripts. These can be in any script language supported by OpenOffice.org [Basic, Python, Netbean] or as source code files in Java or C# even - but requires the actual source code listing. This section is not for asking questions about writing your own macros.
Lupp
Volunteer

Filters: Export to Non-Office, Import/Export Alien Formats

Post by Lupp »

Now and then there is a question concerning the available "filters". There also is a macro from the famous texts by Andrew Pitonyak listing all available "filters" of the kind for the used version. This macro works in AOO and in any version of LibO as far as I know.
However, for unknown reasons it makes its output to a Writer document.

As there my be reasons to filter (now in a clearer sense) the results by some criteria, I prefer output to a spreadsheet, and recently I made a very simple but "pretty" spreadsheet version for the task which may be of some interest for others.

I now don't publish the plain code here, because I want to estimate the interest by the number of downloads. The attched document is containing the code and in addition some formulae and settings (and a few explanations) supporting the usage. Always refresh data before trusting in them.
impexpFilterNames_1.ods
(40.66 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
As always: Highly interested in criticism!
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: filters: Export to Non-Office, Import/Export Alien Forma

Post by JeJe »

In Pitonyak's OpenOffice.org Macros Explained
OOME Third Edition there's Listing 266. List supported filters in a Calc Sheet.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

@JeJe: You are right (of course) again. I had missed or forgotten it. (In my pdf it's Listing 260.)
In addition my version does not list the properties. It's simply poor.

Do you think I should remove the post?
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

"Do you think I should remove the post?"

No - you never know when someone might do a search looking for this exact thing and this thread might pop up for them...
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Sébastien C

Re: Filters: Export to Non-Office, Import/Export Alien Forma

Post by Sébastien C »

In the same way, the evocation of this specific problem is already very open to teach people (like me) who knew nothing about it.
Thank you !
LibreOffice v. 7.3.2.2, under GNU-Linux Mint and, in virtualization and just for tests, LibreOffice v. 7.3.2.2 an OpenOffice v. 4.1.12 under M$-W 10 :ouch: .