Can't select text on watermarked document

Discuss the word processor
Circuit.Rider

Can't select text on watermarked document

Post by Circuit.Rider »

I've got my watermark to work, but I'm not able to select text as you would on a document without a watermark. I'm trying to select a block of text wo I can change it. I can't copy and paste. All I can do it locate the cursor "dogbone". I have to place the dogbone and backspace over the existing text, and then retype the text I want. I've set the image to back, but that does't help. Any ideas?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Background/Watermark

Post by John_Ha »

Circuit.Rider wrote:I've got my watermark to work, but I'm not able to select text as you would on a document without a watermark.
Did you set the image to Wrap > In background?

If not, please upload a small file showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Circuit.Rider

Re: [Solved] Background/Watermark

Post by Circuit.Rider »

File is too large, because of the graphic. Also, I don't see a "Upload attachment" button.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Can't select text on watermarked document

Post by robleyd »

You need to use the Post Reply option, not Quick Reply. See [Forum] How to attach a document here for illustrations showing how it is done.

As mentioned by John_Ha, if the file is bigger than the forum limit of 128 Kb, use a file sharing service and post the link to the file here.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Can't select text on watermarked document

Post by Zizi64 »

File is too large, because of the graphic.
Do not use huge byte-sized pictures in a document. Always optimize the images (with a third party image manipulation software, like the IrfanView) before you embed them into a document.
In this case - because it is a watermark picture only - you can reduce both of resolution and the color depth of the picture without noticeable loss of quality.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.