OpenOffice Not Responding

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
sokkon

OpenOffice Not Responding

Post by sokkon »

I know most prefer solution: I need to uninstall open office and install it again. But, I don't want to do that. Any other ways to diagnosis the problems?
Also, I need to know how to recover content of openoffice. I have a toilet blog. I have written an article for my best flushing toilet blog. But, somehow I lost that article. Even, I forgot that if i saved it or not. Is there any way to know how to find that flush toilet article? I am a novice of using computer and open office just install last month.

Update: I did this - Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and killed _all_ soffice processes shown on TaskManager tabs. And now it's working fine. Also, I was able to recover my text. Thanks Everyone.
Last edited by sokkon on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice Not Responding

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Reinstalling won't change anything anyway. Try to reset your OpenOffice user profile.
Make sure there is no soffice.bin process in the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Not responding on Windows is often caused by left-over parts of OpenOffice. You must remove these. Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill _all_ soffice processes shown on TM's tabs. Note soffice, with an intial "s".
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Gaurang Sharad

Post by Gaurang Sharad »

Go to task manager and close all the processes running for open office then relaunch the open office. It might work.
OpenOffice 2.4 on xubuntu