Can you save a page like this with AOO ?

Discuss the word processor
SittingTooMuch

Can you save a page like this with AOO ?

Post by SittingTooMuch »

This page has lots of text, photos and GIFs which show how to use optical machines used for making telescope mirrors. I tried to do it but didn't see the moving diagrams. The GIFs are important because they show what the polishing tool will do. Mirror polishing is of course done with a slurry of cerium oxide. If AOO can handle this type of file I thought I would take some text out to shorten it for my own use. The link to the page is below. Also included is a non moving screenshot

http://www.astrosurf.com/gap47/T400/Mac ... es_eng.htm
Polisher.png
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 7
MrProgrammer

Re: Can you save a page like this with AOO ?

Post by MrProgrammer »

SittingTooMuch wrote:Can you save a page like this with AOO?
Try this method and see if the result is suitable for you. I haven't done this myself.
After pressing F1 (Help)
After pressing F1 (Help)
First part of Animated GIF instructions
First part of Animated GIF instructions
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Yes you can insert animateg GIF-s into the Draw documents, and you can create animated GIF-s by usage and combine of the features of the Draw and Impress applications.
It is better to create the moving phases in the Draw application,
and the Impress can collect an combine the phases into one animated GIF image.

Use the regular method for inserting an existing animated GIF picture into your document: Insert - Picture (- From file)
The moving may will be frozen by usage of the Drag&Drop or the Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V method.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

They are animated GIFs.

1. On web site, right-click image > Save image as. It will save as example.gif.
2. Insert > Picture > From file. Navigate to example.gif.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images in Writer.

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
Attachments
example.odt
File with animated GIF images
(15.16 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.