Page position jumping.

Discuss the word processor
Signal

Page position jumping.

Post by Signal »

When zoomed in clicking the select tool makes the page jump away from the chosen working area, this is increadibly frustrating, is there any way to stop it doing this, it means I lose my place on the page every single time I click the select tool.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Writer forum -- MrProgrammer 2019-07-31 14:11
OpenOffice 4.1.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Page position jumping.

Post by Zizi64 »

Which application, what object are you working on, when this is happened?

Can you upload a small sample file here?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Signal

Post by Signal »

I'm using writer, the problem is when you select for example a frame, if this is a large frame and you are zoomed in fully to the right, hiting the select tool un selects the frame and the view jumps the the frames start position (left side). really annoying if you want to enter right side text or adjust an adjasent frame. Worse still, if you have a large image and click either on it or have it selected and the re hit the select tool, the view jumps the full length of the image. It becomes a real battle having to re-focus the area you want to work on every time you hit the select tool.
OpenOffice 4.1.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I'm using writer, the problem is when you select for example a frame, if this is a large frame and you are zoomed in fully to the right, hiting the select tool un selects the frame and the view jumps the the frames start position (left side)
I can not reproduce it in my AOO 4.1.5 portable version...
Can you upload your sample file here?
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Signal

Post by Signal »

OpenOffice 4.1.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Yes it helped: I see now what you want to achieve, but I can not try YOUR file in my AOO/LO versions with MY SETTINGS...
A real sample file is the best for the analysing the problem.

What is the content of the frame in the video? Some text or a picture?
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Stop hitting the select tool? I don't even have it on my menu.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.