[Solved] Font size in table view

Discuss the database features
dreamquartz

[Solved] Font size in table view

Post by dreamquartz »

Hello All,

I know I asked before, but for what ever reason, I cannot find it anymore.
Some tables show with a smaller font size than others.
My vision is slowly diminishing, so, sometimes I would like to 'zoom' in and than out again.
I know that there is method, but it eludes me.

Any thoughts?

Dream
Last edited by dreamquartz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: font size in table view

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Base has no zoom function.
Since Base form documents are actually writer documents, they have a View>Zoom option.
Form controls also have a font size in the Font property.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Font size in table view

Post by Nocton »

Further to UnklDonald418's reply, you should select Forms, then 'Use Wizard to Create Form ...'. select the table and then the format you prefer - it doesn't have to be in simple tabular form as in the table - and you will then have a Form showing your data in a more readable form (and zoomable) than in the original table. You can modify the layout further if you want, including changing font sizes. Don't forget to save the Base file again, not just the new form.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

To add to the mystery then; I have tables that have a small font size and tables that have larger font size.
I am not using a view, I am simply viewing a table.

Dream
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

In AOO Tools>Options>OpenOffice>View allows the Scaling factor to be adjusted. It applies to all modules.
I don't find that in LO
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

UnklDonald418 wrote:In AOO Tools>Options>OpenOffice>View allows the Scaling factor to be adjusted. It applies to all modules.
I don't find that in LO
As far as I know, UnklDonald, this setting controls only the scaling of the font menu size of the OO Windows user interface. I doubt that it will adjust the scaling of generated tables for a database.

I haven't got LibO, but I have no doubt this setting will be available somewhere in it - recent comments on AskLibreOffice suggest that they are changing the lkocation of some settings.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

open table. right click left margin. select table format.
open office 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 x64 using HSQL 1.8.0.10 (Embedded) and HSQL 2.6.0 (Split) on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

The scaling factor is limited to between 80% and 130%. In my tests when I change the scaling factor it immediately affects text displayed in Base, including the Menus, Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports but not graphics like icons. It also affects the display of Calc and Writer but doesn't affect font size or zoom factor, it simply magnifies (or shrinks) the display.
 Edit: Thanks chrisb , that explains the mystery that dreamquartz is seeing. 
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

chrisb wrote:open table. right click left margin. select table format.
You made my day!!
Thanks,

Dream