AOO Calc formulas and links don't work in Office 365

Discuss the spreadsheet application
smiths

AOO Calc formulas and links don't work in Office 365

Post by smiths »

Hi.....
I using openoffice calc with some formula and spreadsheet created together.
The problem is when I use Microsoft Office 365 to open the openoffice calc file............the formula and spreadsheet link is not function.
Any solution or patches from openoffice need to install?

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 4.1.6
robleyd

Re: FORMULA AND LINK SPREADSHEET OPENOFFICE CALC

Post by robleyd »

Possibly this is due to a difference in the argument separator used by the two software. Of course this is a guess on my part as you haven't given much information to work with.

What is your OS? What is the value for Locale setting in Tools | Options | Language Settings | Languages; replace Tools | Options with OpenOffice | Preferences if you are using a Mac. Can you provide a specific example of a formula that fails, together with the error you get?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: AOO Calc formulas and links don't work in Office 365

Post by Lupp »

-1- You shouldn't expect a cooperative attitude of MS Office 365 concerning free competitors.

-2-
smiths wrote:...the formula and spreadsheet link...
I am afraid you won't get useful replies as long as you don't tell what formula (kind of formula) and what "spradsheet link" you are talking of.

Attach a reduced example of an .ods you run into this problem with.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München