Delete stored hyperlinks in Writer

Discuss the word processor
CaliRay

Delete stored hyperlinks in Writer

Post by CaliRay »

From a document I was modifying, Writer seems to have saved a hyperlink that I need to remove or change so I can redo the document with my own hyperlink but I can't find where or how this is done. Any suggestions?

Does Writer store hyperlinks some place where I can remove or modify one or all of them?

I've tried changing the hyperlink I see in the toolbar but it always reverts back to the original after I modified it.

Thank you for your help.
OOo 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Home
Hagar Delest

Re: Delete stored hyperlinks in Writer

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can remove the hyperlink by resetting the formatting (Ctrl+M).

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
CaliRay

Post by CaliRay »

Thank you for your answer but I don't think it is the solution. The hyperlink I'm trying to change reverts back to the original one even after I reset the format as soon as I try to enter a new hyperlink using the original text for the anchor. It seems that somehow Writer associates the old hyperlink and text and refuses to allow the hyperlink to be changed when using that same text phrase. I'm only guessing because a search for this has produced no information about cause or effect. That is why I asked if there is some place that OO stores the hyperlinks so I can clear them and start over.
OOo 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Home
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload a sample file (see How to attach a document here)?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10