[Solved] Problem I Have

Discuss the spreadsheet application
fjwag3

[Solved] Problem I Have

Post by fjwag3 »

I need two Upper Case letters no space abbreviation in one cell, just whenever I need it, just where ever it goes. It is auto changed and makes the 2nd letter lowercase.
Must be a setting I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

FJW
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 2.4 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Problem I Have

Post by FJCC »

Select the menu Tools -> AutoCorrect Options. On the Options tab, remove the selection from Correct Two Initial Capitals.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
fjwag3

Post by fjwag3 »

Much appreciated.

Here is another one.....sometimes I can't move to the next cell w my arrow key. Certain group of cells always seem to work, others are iffy. :shock:
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Can you upload a document showing the problem with moving into some cells? To do that, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
fjwag3

Post by fjwag3 »

It happens randomly, no big deal. Thanks for your offer.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

In "edit mode" the arrow keys only navigates insertion point (text cursor) inside cell content. It won't move the cell selection until you exit the edit mode (by pressing tab, enter or F2, or clicking elsewhere in the grid).
Edit mode can be invoked by the F2 function key (toggle) and by clicking in cell content in the formula bar.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

While in edit mode F2 toggles between text cursor movement and reference pointer mode.
Hit F2 to edit the cell. Now you are in either mode.
Hit F2 another time and you are in the other mode.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Quite so, Villeroy. Thanks!

Cell entry in a spreadsheet is a bit more complex than what immediately comes to mind. Cell content can be "active" (formula) or "passive" (data), and editing behaves differently for the two classes of content.

To summarize:

Formula entry
Villeroy wrote:While in edit mode F2 toggles between text cursor movement and reference pointer mode.
Hit F2 to edit the cell. Now you are in either mode.
Hit F2 another time and you are in the other mode.
Formula entries are invoked by starting the cell entry with equals sign, plus or minus.

Data entry
keme wrote:In "edit mode" the arrow keys only navigates insertion point (text cursor) inside cell content. It won't move the cell selection until you exit the edit mode (by pressing tab, enter or F2, or clicking elsewhere in the grid).
Edit mode can be invoked by the F2 function key (toggle) and by clicking in cell content in the formula bar.
Data entry (plain number/text) is invoked by starting with any character other than those mentioned above. Data entry can also be forced by preformatting the cell to interpret everything as text.
fjwag3

Post by fjwag3 »

OK!.......Thanks All.