How to create a sidebar panel in OpenOffice?

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
Manuel708
Banned

How to create a sidebar panel in OpenOffice?

Post by Manuel708 »

I want to create an OpenOffice.org plug-in that adds a sidebar. I have successfully installed OpenOffice.org, OpenOffice.org SDK and NetBeans OpenOffice plug-in.

I am familiar with Java, AWT and Swing, so no need to explain these concepts to me.

Now, I want to create a sidebar Panel(or JPanel) in OpenOffice.org Writer application. How can I do this? It would be in the left and fill all available height(while using a fixed width).

Any idea on how to implement this? I have no OpenOffice.org plug-in past experience. Thank you in advance.
[url=httpsX://myprepaidcenter.net/][color=#000000]myprepaidcenter[/color][/url]
RoryOF

Re: How to create a sidebar panel in OpenOffice?

Post by RoryOF »

This site may be a good starting point
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar_for_Developers
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

This extension provides an example

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/organon
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Manuel708 wrote:I want to create an OpenOffice.org ...
A minor correction. OpenOffice.org disappeared many years ago. It is now either Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

One thing to be aware of is sidebar panels aren't visible when in full screen mode... I don't know whether they can be made visible... but that's one advantage of a non-modal dialog over a panel - you can have it kept showing when the user switches to full screen mode.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I think we have to distinguish docking windows from _the_ side bar (menu:View>Sidebar). The data source browser and the "Pages" or "Slides" window in Impress/Draw appear in docking windows on top and on the left. The side bar appears always on the right side and has vertical "tabs", for hard formatting properties, navigator, stylist, galery.
The Organon extension uses a docking window on the left (which annoyingly remains after the extension has been removed).
Some docking windows seem to be fixed (Organon, data sources) whereas others can be switched to floating mode (navigator, stylist, pages, slides).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Helper extension by hanya

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=62176
sasa

Post by sasa »

Hi,

You can try UNODIT https://github.com/kelsa-pi/unodit

UNO Dialog Tools is a Python3 command-line tool which takes a .xdl file written in the Basic Dialog Editor and generates dialog code in PyUNO (Python) in order to create LibreOffice extension, sidebar extension or embed in ODF documents.

HTH
LibreOffice 6.3 on Xubuntu 18.04
harishbhaskaruni

Post by harishbhaskaruni »

I want to add some buttons to side bar to customize the behaviour. Please suggest how to write custom sidebar using java extension. The clock example didn't help much too. Please help
Libre Office 6.2