W.E. can't find OO .doc files created by: Apache_OpenOffice_

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
klxdrt

W.E. can't find OO .doc files created by: Apache_OpenOffice_

Post by klxdrt »

Using W7 Pro 32 bit, W.E. can't find OO .doc files created by: Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86.

Hi,

How do I get rid of the 8 "OO" docs that show up as Hidden? See image below. I could go to & see them thru OO. But now since I "uninstalled" OO, files don't show up in WE, but they are"indicated" using XYplorer but not access them & delete them.
Attachments
happy new yr chain wh.png
happy new yr chain wh.png (10.01 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
open office 8 missing LG.jpg
open office 8 missing LG.jpg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
RoryOF

Re: W.E. can't find OO .doc files created by: Apache_OpenOff

Post by RoryOF »

Enable "Viewing of hidden and archive files" for the directory in question. If the files have names similar to

Code: Select all

.~lock.MyFile.odt#
then they are leftover lock files and you should revise your method of closing OO and the computer to avoid getting them. If they are lock files they may safely be deleted.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
klxdrt

Post by klxdrt »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was just testing OO but its quite different than MS word 2003 for me.

klxdrt
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe on W7 Pro 32 bit
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Unless you are going from one version of MS Word to another version of MS Word, which OpenOffice is not, you will find differences.
Even changing versions of MS Word can (and often does) have differences.
There are a lot of entries in the Tutorials section about some of the differences between OpenOffice and MS Office (which Word is a portion of).
I strongly recommend that you look through the Tutorials section and read some of them so that you be better familiarized with some, though probably not all, of the differences between the two suites.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
klxdrt

Post by klxdrt »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions but I'll just keep using MS Word 2003 as I'm not a typist and it works fine for how i use it.

Happy New Year,

klxdrt
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe on W7 Pro 32 bit