[Solved] Import/export AOO Writer Palette

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
jwzumwalt

[Solved] Import/export AOO Writer Palette

Post by jwzumwalt »

I am new to AOO and am switching before MS discontinues my Office 2007 next year.

I need to modify the OWriter font color palette extensively (at least a days work) and would like to save and import my work to a second computer once it is done - what is the best way to do this?

According to the install guide I can copy the "modules" directory from one computer to another to sync the installation.
install-dir/...=>/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/

Will this also copy a modified font color palette?
Thx
Last edited by jwzumwalt on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Custom profile

Post by Zizi64 »

As I know it, there is not standalone "font color palette" in the Writer application, the Apache OpenOffice (and the LibreOffice too) works with one common (but organizable) color palette. You can export/import that one palette from/into the AOO or into the LO.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95632#p456665
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jwzumwalt

Re: Custom profile

Post by jwzumwalt »

I found instructions for the import and export at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14529&p=67956&hilit ... ors#p67956

There is a import/export icon available when choosing a color for a drawing object.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] import/export OO Writer Palette

Post by John_Ha »

Be very careful and be sure to read [Solved] What does the CMYK option do? How is it used? before modifying the palette as, if you will be printing anything, you need to ensure you use RGB values which have CMYK equivalents.

If you want to replicate AOO and its customisation onto another PC you need to install AOO on the second PC. Now copy C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user from the first PC and use it to replace the ...\user folder on the second PC.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.