[Solved] Modifying context menu

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
prr

[Solved] Modifying context menu

Post by prr »

I am trying to modify the context menu in LO Writer, so that I can choose from that menu, Paste Unformatted Text (instead of Paste Special, and then choosing the Unformatted Text option).

I go into the Tools, Customize dialog, and in the Context Menu tab, had the Unformatted Text option moved to the right side, but even after restarting LO, it is not in my context menu.

Is this feature simply not working, or do I need to do something else to modify the context menu?
Last edited by prr on Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Modifying context menu

Post by Zizi64 »

It works for me in my LO 6.1.4 version.

What a scope of the function/menu did you choose? A specific document only or the LibreOffice Calc? Choose LibreOffice Calc if you want to use this added function in all of spreadsheet documents.

Note:
The label of the added function is "Paste unformatted text" in the left window, but only "Unformatted text" in the right window.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
prr

Post by prr »

No, I specifically looked for all of LO Writer, not just the document that I had open. I had the same problem with LO 6.2 beta when I installed it. Interesting. Perhaps something in my profile? I don't know, I haven't made that many modifications at all....
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

No, I specifically looked for all of LO Writer, not just the document that I had open. I had the same problem with LO 6.2 beta when I installed it. Interesting. Perhaps something in my profile? I don't know, I haven't made that many modifications at all....
Choose the "Text" as Target. (The default item is the "Comment" in my settings.) The context menu is target-sensitive in the Writer. It will be appeared a different context menu, when you right-click on a graphical object or on the text body.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
prr

Post by prr »

That did it! Thanks.

Yeah I scrolled through that incredibly long menu of items, I had no idea what to look for or what to change it to.
Zizi64 wrote: Choose the "Text" as Target. (The default item is the "Comment" in my settings.) The context menu is target-sensitive in the Writer. It will be appeared a different context menu, when you right-click on a graphical object or on the text body.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10