Changes not saved

Discuss the presentation application
Stepy

Changes not saved

Post by Stepy »

Hi there,
I am straggling to save changes in my presentation. I have a very simple presentation, a heading and a text. Since I have added the animation, so the bullet points appear one after another, my subsequent changes to the text in bullet points are not saved. I have removed the animations, I have even saved the file as a new one but still, the changes in the text are not saved after I close and open the file. Basically I cannot change the presentation, still one and the same version of the slide comes back. :crazy: What is wrong? Please help me, it drives me nuts. Thanks
Open office 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Changes not saved

Post by RoryOF »

Format in which you Save?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Stepy

Post by Stepy »

.odp and let me correct the above text, some chance do get saved and some not. I cannot figure out what the pattern of this misbehavior is.
Stepy

Post by Stepy »

I have one observation. If I make a change in a text, I need to click on any other slide after I process the change and only then hit save. If I stay in the same slide which I amended and try to save, then the change does not get saved. Might sound ridiculous but this is my latest observation after hours of frustration.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

That suggests that the edited slide is still held in a temporary buffer, and has not yet been written into the main data stream. The simple answer may be to change your method of working and move to the next or previous slide before saving. Thinking this over, I remember that an edited slide does not show up in the lefthand slide pane until one moves to another slide. Change of working is the simplest cure I can see.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Stepy

Post by Stepy »

Got it, it is a bit different to working with windows office where I was used to process the change / correction and hit save immediately. Maybe something for the developers to thing through for the next release.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Developers don't visit here, so unless they are made aware of suggestions, nothing will happen.
[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers