Spreadsheet only printing first page repeatedly

Discuss the spreadsheet application
sjones

Spreadsheet only printing first page repeatedly

Post by sjones »

Hello. I am trying to print a spreadsheet I created for a report. In the past, I've had no issues printing it whatsoever. Today, it will only print the first page but it tries to print it 69 times. The first page comes out normal and every page after comes out like it's trying to print the entire document on a single page and it gets cut off. I can't figure out how to change this.

I have tried selecting the option to print only the selected cells (as I've always done in the past) but it makes no difference.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Spreadsheet only printing first page repeatedly

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Go File > Print. What do you see in the pop-up window?

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
cgomert

Post by cgomert »

I am having the same problem, and I could not find anything that would help me in Calc FAQs, Calc Tutorial, or Calc Guide.

I have a spreadsheet file with 11 sheets.

In all 11 sheets I have used the "window" --> "freeze" command to freeze the 2 rows at the top and the 2 columns on the left, and I have used the "format" --> "column" --> "hide" command to hide the next 6 or 8 columns to the right, and I have scrolled to the right to hide another 6 or 8 columns, leaving visible only the first 2 (frozen) columns and 6 more columns on the right with data in them. The columns that are visible on the screen will fit horizontally in one printed page. Most of the sheets have enough rows in them that it requires 2 printed pages to print all the rows.

If I select any sheet except the second sheet, and click on "file" --> "print", the print window comes up saying "no pages" in the page displayed on the left, no matter which printer I select. This is with the "Range and copies" set to "Selected sheets". If I change the "Range and copies" to "All sheets", then the display on the left displays the first page of the 2nd sheet, with 2 other pages available by clicking on the right/left arrows below the display page. The 2 other pages show the leftmost two columns of the 2 vertical pages of the 9th sheet.

If I select the 2nd sheet and click on "file" --> "print", the print window comes up showing the first page of this 2nd sheet, with 2 other pages available by clicking on the right/left arrows below the display page. These 2 pages again show the leftmost two columns of the 2 pages of the 9th sheet.

If I select all the visible cells on a sheet and click on "file" --> "print", and then choose "Selected cells" in the print dialog box, the box on the left in the print dialog box shows only the first page vertically of the selected cells -- except that it also includes all the columns that have been scrolled under the frozen cells, so to speak, to make them not visible on the screen. (This means that they will not longer fit horizontally on one printed page, so a few columns on the right are just omitted.) If I go ahead and click on "Print", only this one page is printed. The rows lower down do not get printed, even though they have been selected, and of course the few columns on the right do not get printed. If I select all the visible cells on a sheet and then choose "Selected sheets", the display in the print dialog box shows only one page, with the lower rows and a few of the rightmost columns omitted.

I am running Windows 10 on an HP desktop. I started this exercise running release 4.1.4 of Apache Open Office, and then I upgraded to Apache 4.1.6 to see if that would help. It made no difference. I also rebooted Windows to see if that would help. It made no difference.

It's not clear to me whether this is a major bug of some sort, possibly due in part to the hidden and scrolled columns, or if I am just doing something wrong. I would greatly appreciate any advice.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I am running Windows 10 on an HP desktop. I started this exercise running release 4.1.4 of Apache Open Office, and then I upgraded to Apache 4.1.6 to see if that would help. It made no difference. I also rebooted Windows to see if that would help. It made no difference.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Please update your signature in this Forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps the Wiki page on Using Print Ranges might be a useful reference.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Please upload a file showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.

If the file has confidential material in it, you can obscure the contents without affecting the structure too much by changing every alphabetic character to an " x " with

Edit > Find and Replace
Tick Regular expressions (under More ...)
Find box [:alpha:]
Replace box x
click Replace all
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
ckeller

Post by ckeller »

Double-click the spreadsheet you added and you should be able to switch to the other page.

For example, add three spreadsheets by inserting three objects that are all the same spreadsheet.

Double-click the one that should be a different page. Click the page on the bottom left side that you want. Boom. Done.
Open Office 4.1.1